Friday, November 11, 2011

Windows 64 bit operating systems should i get one?; pros and cons? ?

Well if you are building your own system microsoft has an oem version of windows the only catch is there will be no support from microsoft. Its meant for small shops that build there own computers or build to order PCs. You get your support from the store you got it from but if you know a lot about system building and don't need support I would go with oem you can get Vista Ultimate for around 180.00 at newegg.com. As for if you should get 64 bit OS I would say yes its not going to run any faster but you get a lot more memory addresses allowing you to add more than 3 gig you never know whats around the corner and it is a small difference in price. I know how everyone is down on Vista because its a memory hog and its unstable I have a Vista laptop and a PC I built and the system is rock solid I have had upgraded OSes for years and this is the best microsoft has to offer the layout is much better than XP and if your worried about memory you can always run it to look and act like an XP just like you can change XP to look and act like windows 98.

No comments:

Post a Comment