Friday, November 11, 2011

Has any plane actually successfully employed emergency procedures you see in safety brochures?

I'm going to be honest here. I fly a lot and while it doesn't bother me, I can't help but feel that the little brochure sitting in front of me is nonsense that provides a false sense of security. If it's going down, there isn't much I (or the cabin crew) can do about it. The Hundson River landing was a rare occasion where the pilot was able to successfully land on water and while he didn't have to employ rafts, etc, I am wondering if there has ever in fact been successful water landings where rafts have been deployed and people actually survived nonetheless had time to put on lifepreservers and exit in some sort of calm fashion. Please shed light on this matter, I'm skeptical.

No comments:

Post a Comment