Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Will it be rude to cancel this appointment the same day of?

I have a first time appointment with a psychiatrist tomorrow. His fee for initial consultation is $380. I have been stressing over it for days trying to figure out if I should keep it or not. I think it's a universal unwritten rule that someone should cancel with a 24 hour notice so I don't know if I'd probably be charged even if I cancel it which sucks, but since it's a first time would it be rude to cancel and ask not to be billed? I looked at my bank account and I haven't sent my mortgage yet which will get a late fee if received after the 15th - i can be late on the mortgage if I go tomorrow and not cancel it bec i'm scared to call to cancel with such short notice. What do you think I should do? Plus my therapist referred him so I'm scared it'll make her look bad to have referred someone flakey who cancels last minute (appointment is for 2pm). Any opinions???

No comments:

Post a Comment