Saturday, November 5, 2011

Eploring new interest in bookkeeping while keeping my day job..?

I have no experience at all in bookkeeping, but I'd really like to put myself to a new challenge and learn the basics. My community college is offering a course "The Bookkeeper", it is only 35 hours and covers cash and accrual basis accounting, financial statements and their prep, capital accounts, accounts receivable/payable, accruals and deferrals, payroll, inventory, depreciation, bank reconcilliations and taxes. This seems like an awful lot to cover in 35 hours so I'm guessing this is like a crash course for those going to sit for the certified program...it has no info on needing experience or prereqs...And the whole thing is a lecture, so I'd like opinions if this course would be worth $500 for someone with zero experience. I have run a greenhouse for the past ten years so this really will be a whole new world for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment